Amazon Live Creator Community Policy
This Community Policy sets out the rules for livestreaming in our community, and applies to all content you submit as a creator. We take the integrity of our community very seriously and any attempt to manipulate community content or features is strictly prohibited. If you violate this Community Policy, we may restrict your access to the community, your permissions to livestream or submit content, or we may suspend or terminate your account entirely, in each case without any obligation to reimburse you for any costs or expenses you may have incurred. Please note that this Community Policy may be modified from time to time so you’re encouraged to check back for updates.
- You must have either an active Amazon Seller or Amazon Vendor account to livestream in the community (or be authorized to livestream on behalf of an Amazon Seller or Amazon Vendor with an active account).
- If your selling privileges are revoked (pursuant to the Amazon Selling policy guidelines, or otherwise), you will not be eligible to participate in the community.
- If we suspend or revoke your livestreaming privileges due to a violation of this Community Policy, you will not be eligible to participate in the community until further notice from us.
- You must be at least 18 years old to stream in the community.
- If you are a Seller, you must be professional Amazon Seller who is registered in Amazon’s Brand Registry and sell on Amazon.com.
- If you are a Vendor, you must have created and published a store on Amazon’s Advertising Console (advertising.amazon.com).
- Your stream must be entirely in English.
- All suspensions apply to the account holder and any attempts to circumvent suspensions by creating additional accounts or identities will result in the permanent disabling of said accounts.
- All claims, both express and implied, must be supported.
- You may provide your personal opinion (provided it is clearly noted as such) but any claim that could reasonably be interpreted as a factual statement must be accurate and substantiated.
- Claims that relate to product characteristics (such as safety features, performance, technical specifications, dimensions, weight, etc.) must be accurate.
- Any awards that are mentioned or depicted (for example, “Product of the Year 2017”) must be supported by the details found on the product’s detail page.
- You must be the brand owner of all product ASINs being promoted in your livestream(s).
3. Competitor comparisons
- Comparisons that mention the name of a competitor brand must be strictly factual and objective. For example: “Product X has an incredible 8GB of RAM, which is 2GB more than Product Y” is acceptable.
- Competitor comparisons must not be defamatory or derogatory. For example: “Product X is easy to use and looks great; much better than Product Y which is a piece of junk” is not acceptable.
4. Prices and promotions
All price claims, including promotional prices, must be accurate.
Do not exaggerate promotional prices, or make unsupported savings claims or price comparisons. For example, unless it is accurate, do not say: “This product will never be at this low price after today”, “The lowest price on the internet”, “An unbeatable price”, “The cheapest on the market.”
5. Product Guarantees and Warranties
- You may only reference manufacturer-provided product warranties and guarantees and may not create, modify or offer to modify them. For example, do not say: “If you purchase from us, we will extend your warranty by 1 year.”; “Don’t contact the manufacturer for warranty work, contact us!”
6. Customer Reviews
- If you mention customer reviews, you must include accurate product information that can be substantiated. For example, the claim “This is my favorite face cream for making wrinkles completely disappear” implies that the product objectively makes wrinkles “completely disappear.” This is not a claim that any product could substantiate, therefore you should not use this customer review.
- You may ask viewers to leave reviews for your products but you may not directly ask for positive reviews. For example, you can say “Please leave a review and tell us what you think” but you cannot say, “If you liked our product please leave us a 5-star customer review”.
- If you use a customer review that is an Amazon Vine customer review, you must mention this verbally during the livestream.
- Any customer review you use must be less than one year old.
- If a customer review compares a product to a competing product by name, it must meet the requirements under Competitor Comparisons, above.
- Do not truncate or modify the customer review in any way that could change its meaning.
7. Restricted Products and Claims
- All products by alcohol manufacturers or distributors are strictly prohibited.
- Alcohol-related products by other manufacturers or distributors are permitted (e.g. wine bottle openers, beer dispensers, glassware, etc.), but the following rules apply:
- Do not encourage, feature or refer to behaviors that suggest irresponsible drinking. For example, grabbing a wine bottle in a mock drunk manner and holding it to one’s mouth (even if obviously in jest) is not permitted.
- Do not encourage excessive consumption. For example, do not say: “Get this cocktail mixer and you could have fresh margaritas every night!”, “You never need an excuse to make cocktails”, or “Have a beer first thing in the morning”.
- Do not disparage abstinence from alcoholic beverages. For example, do not say: “This is more fun than making lemonade”, or “Quality shot glasses are a must have for parties”.
Health, beauty, and weight loss
- Do not make health claims, medical claims, or refer to medical conditions (e.g. “This would be great for acne”) unless they are accurate.
- Do not provide medical advice.
- Do not claim that health products are as good as or better than prescription or over-the-counter products.
- Do not claim or imply that a product can cause customers to lose weight without also following a balanced diet and doing exercise.
- Do not claim that a product can guarantee weight loss results.
- Do not refer to a rate of weight loss of greater than 2lbs a week as this could be unsafe.
Other unacceptable products
You should not include the following product categories in your livestreams:
8. Conduct and Content
Your conduct in the community and any content you share should not:
- Contain nudity, sexually suggestive content or provocative imagery (such as models in blatantly sexual or prurient poses) or depict pornography or sexual acts.
- Be deceptive, false or misleading or impersonate a person or brand.
- Imply unauthorized endorsements or refer to specific celebrities in any manner, unless your brand has received an official endorsement from such celebrity.
- Divert viewers away from Amazon. For example, do not direct viewers to visit an external website.
- Infringe on another's intellectual property. For example, unless you have obtained permission from all relevant third parties, do not play music or include images, artwork or other audiovisual works in your livestreams. You should also avoid wearing clothes, jewelry, or accessories with prominently visible branding if you don’t have permission from the brand owner.
- Disclose or require viewers to disclose personal or private information.
- Be emotionally exploitative, controversial, shocking or likely to cause viewers distress.
- Be socially insensitive. For example, do not use phrases that are discriminatory, sexist, or racist and do not engage in divisive discussions concerning politics or other sensitive topics such as scandals, reproductive rights, firearms etc.
- Contain foul, vulgar, or obscene language or scatological references.
- Be obscene, foul, vulgar, defamatory, libelous, abusive, harassing, invasive of another's privacy or otherwise illegal.
- Endanger your safety or the safety of others.
- Threaten, encourage, promote or depict violence or graphic imagery.
- Encourage antisocial or nuisance behaviors. For example, do not encourage skateboarding indoors or smoking on public transportation.
- Interfere with or attempt to interfere with navigation on the page on which the stream is playing.
Additional content requirements:
You may only livestream about products that are available for sale on Amazon.com and you must include at least one product in the product carousel during each livestream. Amazon reserves the right to remove prohibited or otherwise ineligible items from a carousel.
Content you stream should be primarily live, with the majority of your livestream content captured and streamed in real-time. If any pre-recorded video is included in your livestream, it cannot be “looped” or played on repeat multiple times, and any such pre-recorded video cannot exceed 5 minutes in duration.
- Content you share in the community must not be directed at children. Children’s products are eligible for livestreaming but content must not be directed to children.
- If a child is shown in a livestream, the child’s appearance must be directly related to products being discussed and you must have the written consent of the child’s parents and/or guardians.
- Any nudity or sexually suggestive content containing minors, including minors modeling swimwear and children’s undergarments, is strictly prohibited.
Amazon will protect the customer experience and in doing so will reflect the spirit, not merely the letter, of this Community Policy. Amazon reserves the right to suspend or terminate your account or pause or remove any content that we deem to be negatively affecting the viewer experience, whether or not the behavior has been explicitly prohibited by this Community Policy. This Community Policy does not comprehensively list every type of content that Amazon could restrict or block, nor every basis on which Amazon may restrict or block content.
11. Other Terms and Conditions
In addition to this Community Policy, your participation in the community is subject to the Amazon Community Guidelines.
In addition to and without limitation of the foregoing, if you are a Seller, you agree to comply with all terms and conditions set forth in the Amazon Services Business Solutions Agreement and if you are a Vendor, you agree to comply with all terms and conditions set forth in Amazon’s Sponsored Ads Agreement.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, you waive all moral rights, rights of privacy and rights of publicity in the content you submit to the community, and agree to provide Amazon with any necessary third-party permissions, clearances, and releases upon request.
If this Community Policy conflicts or is otherwise inconsistent with any other policy, conditions or guidelines referenced herein, this Community Policy will govern.